Tuesday, January 8, 2013

8/365

I have to admit that when I awoke this morning, I was disappointed it was a work day.  I could have used several hours more sleep.  After I was in the shower, I remembered that it is Tuesday, and that meant the local Farmer's Market would be back this afternoon/evening.  Heaven!  Since savor is my word this year, the Farmer's Market is a boon....great food, interesting people and great conversations with my favorite vendors.

Three pics for today.....


Every week I buy flowers from the lovely Lisa (left).  I got a bonus tonight when I found my friend Phil (right) at the flower stall when I arrived.  Lisa is from Skyline Flowers and they have a beautiful selection every week, at reasonable prices.  My purchase tonight...lovely purple tulips.



This is the brick oven where Olivewood Wood Fired Catering makes wonderful pizzas.  Ian, Katy and Adam thrill me nearly every Tuesday night.  Tonight I savored two pieces of Pesto Pizza with ricotta, pesto, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and strips of basil.  Yummmmy!


Believe me, this picture taken with my phone does not do this gorgeous creation justice.  I am so looking forward to a slice of this for lunch tomorrow!

I'm going to have to break out the real camera more for 365.  The good thing about phones with cameras is that they're usually available, but some subjects demand a better instrument.

It's only January 8, but doing the 365 project is really helping me savor my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment