Friday, January 4, 2013

"Bear in mind that you should conduct yourself in life as at a feast."  ~Epictetus

Happy New Year!  As 2012 wound to a close, I thought about what I want my life to be like in 2013.  I chose to do two things.

First, a word for the year.  It came to me in a flash:  Savor.  I want to give myself to the enjoyment of my life every day.  I've already cooked more in the past week than in previous six months, so that's one aspect.  

The second thing is to do a 365 project, and it's January 4th, and I've taken a picture each day so far!  I will start posting the pics this weekend, and then decide if this is the place, and how often to post them.

These two simple things, choosing a word and documenting a moment of my daily life, have made 2013 very enjoyable thus far, and I'm savoring the joy of simple daily activities that make me happy.

Now that I've previewed this post, I can see that I can savor the mystery of the white shading in the first two paragraphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment